Investment Readiness Programme
Join African entrepreneurs on their start-up journeys.
The TTA is a 5–7-month online program with OnDemand mentorship. The program covers a range of 9 online modules to create an investor business case. Each venture completes the online content, assignments, attends webinars, participates in the TechTribe Community and accesses expert mentors.
Starts 11 January 2022
Each of the modules follows a set format consisting of:
An Overview Theory Applied Examples Case Studies Quizzes Assignments
The Investment Readiness Programme is more than acceleration it is an experience of building equity in the marketplace for you as a founder and your business. The TechTribe Accelarator focuses on tangible outcomes that build your business as you work through the programme.
- Are you working in your business instead of working on your business as much as you would like to?
- Do find it challenging balancing the running of your business with the driving your fund-raising campaign?
- Is turning your sweat equity and IP into money a challenge?
- Have you pitched and been told to come back in a few months when you have more traction?
- Do you lack the connections in investor circles and need more introductions that are aligned to your business model?
Share the course on social media
Each modules’ assignments provide you with an opportunity to apply what you have learned to your business and build your investment case.
Your walk away with tangible outcomes at the end of the programme:
- A 2-page business finance / investment teaser.
- A 15-slide finance / funding pitch presentation.
- A full business investment case or market expansion case.
- 3-5-year financial plan.
- Post-commercial business with robust and growing revenue?
- African businesses from any industry
- A founding team that has cracked their product-market fit and wants to build an investment case to scale.
- Fund raising team in a scaling business or scaled organisation.
- NPO’s and businesses that have raised grant funding looking to refine their pitches for larger raises.
- Build a compelling investment narrative.
- Refine your business model and align it to the appropriate funders.
- Develop and track your business’s ecosystem in order as part of your investment case.
- Breakdown and interrogate your assumptions around your financial model and growth strategy.
- Develop your investor’s data room for due diligence.
- Learn to build a valuation of your business.
- Build a world class investment pitch and learn to pitch it like the best.
- Work with mentors that have walked the journey or are specialists in a field that can unlock your growth.
- Connect with investors and funders from across Africa that looking for your kind of investment opportunity.
- Empower your team by collaborating on the assignments.
- Showcase your business, products, and investment case at the SA Innovation Summit
- Think like an investor.
Q: How do I apply for this course?
A: To apply you need to fill in this form. We will then contact you before the new cohort starts.
Q: How do I get assigned a mentor?
A: When we contact you about the joining the new cohort, we will also gather more information on your company and your specific needs and industry. This information will then be used to match you with a mentor that could help you take your business to the next level.
Q: What if I already have a mentor?
A: When we contact you, we will first ask if mentorship is something you are interested in. If you already have a mentor, then you will pay less for the course, and we will not allocate a new mentor to you.
Q: How does the pricing work?
A: Depending on if you need a mentor or not, the price will vary with the maximum price being R28000 ($850).
Q: Is there a self-study option available?
A: No, at the moment there is no self-study option available for this course.
Topics to cover in the course outline below:
Understanding Investment Readiness
We give an outline of the course and a core concept.
Building a Scalable Business
Participants learn how important social impact is.
The Target Market & The Value Proposition
This clarifies both of a market and business through analyses.
Marketing, Sales, Distribution & Partnership
We support entrepreneurs to revise a marketing strategy.
This is suitable for understanding a financial model for investment readiness.
Strategic tips for business growth are provided.
Entrepreneurs understand how to raise money from investors through our help.
Pitch Development & Readiness
We make entrepreneurs ready for a pitch stage.
Writing An Investment Case to Secure Funding
Entrepreneurs finalise their readiness for investment.
You get all this value worth R28,000 ($1,867) for R12 000 ($699)
Are you interested?
Every few months we launch a new cohort, please click on the relevant box below if you want to be considered for the next cohort.
Next cohort to start 5 October 2021!
Downloadable documents to share with your team and organisation.
Be empowered at your next meeting and download.