Commercialisation Master Programme
Join African entrepreneurs on their start-up journeys.
This course is for you if you have a business idea or have just started your business, and you want to successful deploy it into the market.
- Do you have a business idea, but do not know how to turn it into career?
- Are you working on a side-hustle and want to make it into a full-time business?
- Are you working too hard on your business without seeing the breakthrough growth?
- Would you like to work on your business full time, but you are not sure if it worth it yet?
- Have you come up with an innovative product that you want to start selling?
Each modules’ assignments provide you with an opportunity to apply what you have learned to your business and build your investment case.
The outcome of the assignments is sales and validation of your product:
- Developing your concept beyond just an idea so that it is commercially viable.
- Transitioning it into the market.
- Establishing a successful technology business; and
- Preparing it for post-revenue investment readiness.
- Post-commercial business with robust and growing revenue?
- African businesses from any industry
- A founding team that has cracked their product-market fit and wants to build an investment case to scale.
- Fund raising team in a scaling business or scaled organisation.
- NPO’s and businesses that have raised grant funding looking to refine their pitches for larger raises.
- Validate your problem statement.
- Find your early adopter customers.
- Validate your solution with your customers.
- Build a sustainable business model.
- Refine your idea through customer feedback.
- Build a roadmap to product-market fit.
- Run your business better with a lean early-stage financial model.
- Access templates and assignments that you can re-use in building and refining your business.
- Work with mentors that have walked the journey or are specialists in a field that can unlock your growth.
- Empower your team by collaborating on the assignments.
- Showcase your business, products, and investment case at the SA Innovation Summit.
Q: How do I apply for this course?
A: To apply you need to fill in this form. We will then contact you before the new cohort starts.
Q: How do I get assigned a mentor?
A: When we contact you about joining the new cohort, we will also gather more information on your company and your specific needs and industry. This information will then be used to match you with a mentor that could help you take your business to the next level.
Q: What if I already have a mentor?
A: When we contact you, we will first ask if mentorship is something you are interested in. If you already have a mentor, then you will pay less for the course, and we will not allocate a new mentor to you.
Q: How does the pricing work?
A: Depending on if you need a mentor or not, the price will vary with the maximum price being R5250 ($350).
Q: Is there a self-study option available?
A: Yes, there is a self-study option available where you can independently go through the programme and share all assignments with your external mentors. This is different to a cohort as you will not receive content support from the TTA team nor be able to join any webinars on the content.
Topics to cover in the course outline below:
1. Get your business market ready
We give an outline of the course and a core concept.
2. Who am I selling to?
We support entrepreneurs to revise their porblem statements and market research.
3. Does the product work?
We highlight the importance of launching early and understanding your competition.
4. Does your business work?
Focused on teaching start-ups to think about how they plan to make money.
5. Market Readiness Checklist
Bringing concepts together and provides the tools to check for market readiness.