Investment Readiness Programme
Venture Building Curriculum
Join African entrepreneurs on their start-up journeys.
The TTA is a 5–7-month online programme that covers a range of 10 online modules to create an investor business case.
Each venture completes the online content, assignments, attends webinars, participates in the TechTribe Community and accesses expert mentors.
- Are you working in your business instead of working on your business as much as you would like to?
- Do find it challenging balancing the running of your business with the driving your fund-raising campaign?
- Is turning your sweat equity and IP into money a challenge?
- Have you pitched and been told to come back in a few months when you have more traction?
- Do you lack the connections in investor circles and need more introductions that are aligned to your business model?
Each modules’ assignments provide you with an opportunity to apply what you have learned to your business and build your investment case.
Your walk away with tangible outcomes at the end of the programme:
- A 2-page business finance / investment teaser.
- A 15-slide finance / funding pitch presentation.
- A full business investment case or market expansion case.
- 3-5-year financial plan.
- Post-commercial business with robust and growing revenue?
- African businesses from any industry
- A founding team that has cracked their product-market fit and wants to build an investment case to scale.
- Fund raising team in a scaling business or scaled organisation.
- NPO’s and businesses that have raised grant funding looking to refine their pitches for larger raises.
- Build a compelling investment narrative.
- Refine your business model and align it to the appropriate funders.
- Develop and track your business’s ecosystem in order as part of your investment case.
- Breakdown and interrogate your assumptions around your financial model and growth strategy.
- Develop your investor’s data room for due diligence.
- Learn to build a valuation of your business.
- Build a world class investment pitch and learn to pitch it like the best.
- Work with mentors that have walked the journey or are specialists in a field that can unlock your growth.
- Connect with investors and funders from across Africa that looking for your kind of investment opportunity.
- Empower your team by collaborating on the assignments.
- Showcase your business, products, and investment case at the SA Innovation Summit
- Think like an investor.
Q: How do I apply for this course?
A: To apply you need to fill in this form. We will then contact you before the new cohort starts.
Q: How do I get assigned a mentor?
A: When we contact you about the joining the new cohort, we will also gather more information on your company and your specific needs and industry. This information will then be used to match you with a mentor that could help you take your business to the next level.
Q: What if I already have a mentor?
A: When we contact you, we will first ask if mentorship is something you are interested in. If you already have a mentor, then you will pay less for the course, and we will not allocate a new mentor to you.
Q: How does the pricing work?
A: Depending on if you need a mentor or not, the price will vary with the maximum price being R28000 ($850).
Q: Is there a self-study option available?
A: No, at the moment there is no self-study option available for this course.
Topics to cover in the course outline below:
1. Your investment readiness journey
We give you an overview of the journey ahead and explore what investors are looking for.
2. Starting your investment narrative
We look at the type of business you are building and whether they opportunity is real.
3. Growth and scaling Strategy
We provide strategic tips for your business growth.
4. Target Market
We help you to understand your market and your competitive advantage.
5. Marketing strategy
We delve deep into the marketing mix and how you can reach your market.
6. Financial Management
We assist your through the important financial aspects of investment readiness.
7. Financial Modelling
We help you to develop a financial operating system for business growth.
8. Art of Pitching
We provide guidance to build your pitch deck and understand your audience.
9. Investment Case
Creating a deal room.
10. Valuation and term sheets
Understanding the principle of your business value and how to stand behind them.